As the new year approaches, many people are once again looking to get more fit and healthier in the new year. And while there are many benefits to any type of physical activity, a greater number of people are exploring the benefits of EMS workouts.
Electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) uses electrical impulses to contract muscles and stimulate motor neurons. EMS workouts generally involve wearing a suit with built-in electrodes that target specific muscles while you exercise. While it doesn’t hurt, your body will experience small sensations as the electrical current causes the targeted muscles to contract.
There are many benefits to regular EMS workouts, including the following:
- Lean muscle development: The stimulation you receive through EMS is in addition to the voluntary muscle contractions you experience during any traditional workout. But these additional contractions can ensure that you can increase your muscle mass. As a result, even after just a few sessions, you should notice a difference in your muscle mass.
- Weight loss: Because of the intense work your muscles undergo during an EMS workout, your body experiences a high level of metabolic activity during and after the session ends. As your body builds lean muscle, it will burn fat to meet your metabolic needs. In many cases, EMS training can be targeted to help you lose weight in specific problem areas, such as the waist, hips, or thighs.
- Increased strength: With normal workout sessions, only 40% to 70% of potential strength is used. EMS challenges your muscles to work harder and can increase the intensity of muscle contractions, allowing your body to use up to 90% of its strength potential. This effect results in dramatic changes to your strength in a short time.
- Improved balance and flexibility: Enhancing one’s balance can be beneficial at any stage of life. Good balance is essential in nearly all activities in life – from walking to dressing oneself. EMS workouts can improve core strength and improve elasticity and flexibility. All of these benefits work to improve one’s balance, making it less likely that one will experience an injury.
- Stress relief: There can be no denying that most people feel very stressed these days. And while most people also realize that exercise can alleviate stress, EMS workouts can have a greater impact than most traditional workouts. The combination of voluntary and involuntary contractions can help the individuals feel more relaxed after the workout, as oxygenated blood flows better throughout the circulatory system. This benefit can also work to improve concentration.
- Eliminating cellulitis: As most people age, they accumulate cellulitis in areas of the body with excessive soft tissue and connective tissue, such as the buttocks. EMS improves circulation, eliminates toxins, tones muscles, and stimulates collagen production. These effects can minimize or eliminate areas with cellulitis to give your entire body a more toned appearance.
- Minimizing inflammation: Addressing inflammation can be a huge challenge. Taking ibuprofen and other anti-inflammatories may cause side effects, such as nausea, fatigue, dizziness, and headaches. EMS workouts offer an alternative treatment for inflammation without causing side effects, which can be a tremendous benefit when recovering from an intense workout or injury.
- Improved healing: EMS can help with a wide range of soft tissue damage and injuries. Using the electrical current, EMS workouts provide a way to improve circulation, reduce swelling, and increase the body’s temperature. All these factors lead to healing and optimizing the body’s performance to quickly get you back to feeling great.
- Increased longevity: There is no doubt that physical activity and fitness can increase one’s lifespan. And with the increased flexibility and balance found with EMS workouts, you can often keep the body mobile longer, helping you enjoy a longer, fuller life.
- Better circulation and cardiovascular performance: Many of the benefits of EMS, such as maximizing oxygen consumption, directly impact the cardiovascular system by optimizing the performance of the heart and lungs. The electrical impulses can increase circulation and reduce inflammation of targeted areas. The resulting muscle contractions squeeze the veins, pushing blood back into the heart, and boosting circulation. Overall, this process allows for better oxygen and nutrient delivery to muscle tissues, allowing them to fatigue less quickly.
- Saving time:WB20 EMS workouts allow you to get a much better workout in less time than most traditional workouts. It would be impossible to achieve the same performance at the same time without EMS. And since most people have less free time than ever, it’s a huge benefit to maximize your time in the gym by adding EMS to your workout regimen.
These are just some of the benefits you can expect once you start EMS workouts. To learn more about the benefits of EMS, contact WB20 today.
WB20 provides a whole-body EMS workout in 20 minutes with the next evolution in fitness. Our physical trainers can work with you to target your areas of concern. With the latest technology, our team can help you increase your strength, improve your metabolism, and work 95% of your muscles. Workout smarter, not harder.